View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
1. I still stick by what I said last year. Being able to win in the tournament and being deserving of a tournament spot are two different things. In fact I even stated in the thread that it did not matter how many games VCU won in the tournament because there were three teams that did more during the season that should have had their chance to show what they can do. Hellyou even said "I dunno how, I dunno why, but somehow the Selection Committee saw fit to give us a ticket to the Big Dance" and "Sorry Tech, sorry Colorada, sorry Alabama, sorry to everyone whose resume may was better" so even you know that one those three teams should have been in over the tournament instead of VCU. Now I dont expect you to feel bad about it but dont act like what I said wasnt a true statement.

2. I brought it up because I was in no way trying to talk crap about VCU I simply asking a question as to why he didnt want to leave and then stated the reasons why most coaches leave schools. You chose to think that I was attacking VCU and said I dogged them every chance I get. I brought up this year I simply said congrats and that was it and pointed out that you are the once who chooses to bring up ODU vs VCU ore often than not.

3. I think we may have talked about it once or twice when VCU was playing ODU, then again that may have been the year before.

4. Please show me where I have ever posted that Blaine Taylor is some type of elite coach? Now you are putting words in my mouth. Taylor is a good coach but no one I would cry about if he left. As for Mercer, ODU cant control who it faces in the 4th, or maybe its the 5th or 6th, most important post season tournament. The reason the teams are in the CIT is because they suck, its they didnt suck they would be in the NCAA or NIT. Now ODU did play two top 10 teams this year, Kentucky and Mizzouri, and lost to both. Also, I said when you asked me what tournament we were going to that we were going to the CIT, we had a bad year, and if we won the CIT we were like the 124th best team in the nation. look at me brag about how awesome ODU basketball was this year. hell our best player being arrested 20 mins before the game was bigger news than the entire CIT tourney. In fact the highlight of our season was losing to Kentucky by 10 pts. ODU basketball sucks, our biggest tournament highlight is losing to Butler by 2 points last year, thank god we have football.
The point I've been trying to make this whole time (and the one you just confirmed for me in your last paragraph) is that you have nothing to be proud of with ODU basketball. Instead of trying to find ways to endorse your own team, you'd rather just try to take shots at VCU & tear us down to your level. Tell you what, Max, I'll make a deal with you: I'll stay out of your ODU threads if you stay out of VCU ones. As a token of good will, I'll even ignore the rest of your post & not point out the mistakes.

You've been told before in the MMA & UFC section: keep hate out of a Juju thread. If you want to, go create a "Shaka should have left" thread & you can discuss it with whoever follows you in there. In the mean time, keep your trolling out of my thread.