View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think you should still try and bring her to Christ ... you breaking up with her might show her you are turning your back on her ... if you truly believe, your will won't grow weaker, but probably stronger ....
I disagree, RNC. "Missionary dating" is really dangerous & the Bible specifically warns against it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Corinthians 6:14-6
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God.
Vizion, I'm certainly not saying it'll be easy, but take this opportunity to hide yourself in God's arms. Take every pain directly to Him and pour out your heart to Him. Spend time in His Word looking to Him for your comfort. He's the only one who can give you the peace you desire.

And RNC's right: don't turn your back on this girl. Be absolutely upfront with her ("I really like you, but I can't date someone who's not a Christian"). Maybe God has put you in her life to be a witness & this is the catalyst He has chosen. But do not jeopardize your faith for any reason whatsoever.