View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Are you asking if you should speak up? Or are you just worried that if you do then they will get angry at you?

If they are true friends then it should be easier. If they are your friends then I think you should discuss the general concept of brothers (or sisters) in Christ holding each other accountable for their actions. I would bring this up when there isn't anything hypocratic going on and you don't feel anger. You should get a good feel for how they feel about that. If they readily agree that it would be a good thing then you have an open invitation to (out of brotherly love) gently bring it up when you feel they are being hypocritical. (But be ready to accept input with an open heart to set a good example for them.

A few of my friends and I do this at work. We openly discussed it beforehand and kinda made a pact with each other to help keep each other in check. We have a horribly stressful job and at times need a little push in the right direction. I have never been upset by their input and I seem to be on the receiving end more than the others.

I think this is an excellent point. Whatever you do, don't point out the hypocrisy during a fight. It might win you "points" in an argument, but it will just make the other person defensive and less likely to honestly assess their behavior. If you are going to address it, do it in a constructive way during a calm conversation.