View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
link did not work for me I will try again later.
Too many http://'s in the link. I fixed it.

I think the most dangerous thing about books/films like Twilight, Harry Potter, etc. is that they dilute the Satanic origins of vampires, werewolves, witches, sorcerers, etc. and make them appealing to young, impressionable minds. I will never understand how Christians can justify that in any way. Of course, ignorant Christians are going to try to justify it, but where in the Bible does it tell us that it is a good idea to listen to those people?

When you look at the origins of werewolf and vampire myths, you really can't explain them as anything other than forms of demonic possession. The Bible also has very clear teachings about the evils of witchcraft and sorcery.

So, before someone tries to claim that Twilight is harmless, you need to ask yourself who exactly benefits from a story about a girl falling in love with two demon-possessed teenagers disguised as a beautiful love story? Does that advance the Kingdom of GOD or the kingdom of Satan?

I've even noticed this kind of thing in video games like Legend of Zelda, in which many gameplay elements (that are required to complete the game) are described as prayers to gods or a goddess. In fact, in the most recent Legend of Zelda game, the only way for you to save your game is to "pray" at one of several goddess statues spread throughout the game world. Now I understand that it is just a game, but it still serves to condition children's minds into associating praying to an idol with something beneficial and positive.