View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Jens isn't going to be at his best, he's older, he's not in his prime. but you're his fanatic so you'll say anything
Jens usually performs best when he's under a certain ammount of stress..when things arent going to well...when he has demons to fight. He works best in a situation thats hopeless...in a situation thats against statistical probability...When people say he definiately cant...thats when he's most likely to do...when people assume that he will do well...and he's carefree..when there is little riding on it...he seems to perform less well.

I think his perfomance is enhanced by stress and a doubting crowd.

Look at his predicament. He's lost two in a row, he's already lost to the person he's going to fight, people perceive him as being old, he's just suffered a bereavement, he's just had a child, and he's been training across Christmas.

All the makings of a probability nightmare for his chances of success. Thats why he will probably thrive. What I think you dont understand Andreas, and what a lot of people probably dont understand is that I could watch Jens Pulver fight and lose for the rest of his career, and it wouldnt change one ounce of loyalty or love that I have for him. I only want him to win because I think he deserves to win, I think he has the skills to win...and I want him to be happy, I want the best blessings GOD can possibly bestow...those usually come with a win

I will be sad and upset if he fails, because he will be sad and upset, and he will feel bad and he will feel stupid, and people like you will be mean, and write mean things about him, and pick on people like me who support him, calling us noobs, dillusional, fanatics. He doesnt represent me, so if he fails, I dont get angry because he's not fighting for me, or on my behalf...neither is he any kinda standard bearer for me. He cant dissapoint me like that.

I might still be critical, I might not aggree with everything he says and everything he does. I possibly wouldnt make the same decisions he does at times. So dont protray me as someone who thinks he is perfect...far, far from it...but I accept his failures and his annoyances as being part of who he is...you cant have the the complete package without the rough aswell as the smooth, the bad aswell as the good, the mistakes aswell as the success.

I never want him to retire...but I also respect his decision. Its up to him to decide when he wants to retire. If he were to lose again...and if as a result, they booted him from WEC...if he still wanted to fight, I would support that. If he were to lose and want to retire, I was be beside myself...but also I would support him...because if he is happy with retirement...then I want him to be happy...I would hope he might ping-pong a bit...so I might see him fight again...but that would be for a future.

If he wins, then I will be pleased for him, I will support him as he makes his journey to fight for the Title..again. If he wins...I might even tell some of those with mannerisms like yourself that THIS is why he shouldnt have retired when you all suggested, this is why he ISNT washed up and old.

I'm a fan. I hope to meet him in person later this year. I speak to him over email every so often. He knows who I am...and I know him, not in detail...but I am not a loon who rants about someone I've never had contact with. I'm not an obsessed stalker who just wants to upset him and harras him. I'm a loyal fan who loves him, I try in my own way to support him...and he has told me he appreciates the effort.

I hope perhaps you can understand