View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Just Checking In

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Doing a lot of hunting and on the road a lot, so it's been a little while since I've been here for a blog. When I get home, I've always got the "honey do" list to catch up on as well as reacquainting myself with the kids. I love to hunt, but man has this hunting season been dragging on. I've been able to kill quite a few animals this year and if you're interested in what they are, follow me on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/#!/matthughes9x ) and I'll usually post a picture of my most recent kill.

The last two UFC events have been great. I was very interested in the Machida/Jones match up and it went kind of like I was hoping. I wanted Jones to get tested a little bit and then, as I figured he would, he eventually won. I read somewhere that two judges gave the first round to Jones. I'm very surprised at this as I really thought that Machida won the first round. That's the one and only thing that I've always had a complaint with in this sport is the judging. I was also interested in the Noguiera/Mir match up as I wanted to see some groundwork. I saw the key-lock coming and was a little surprised Noguiera didn't. Overall, I'm sure the UFC has been pretty happy with the last couple of events.

With only 11 days until Christmas, I hope everybody can take some time out from buying gifts and being busy and just enjoy what you have. I hope everybody has a safe and happy Christmas.

Here are the air times for this week's episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning August 15, 2011
Wednesday, 10:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM CST
Thursdays, 2:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM CST
Thursdays, 12:30 AM EST / 11:30 AM CST
Saturdays, 8:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
"COLORADO ELK & TEXAS EXOTICS"
(Airs the week of December 12th, 2011)
A seasoned bowhunter goes all out to take a Rocky Mountain elk bull and two businessmen from Pennsylvania escape to Texas for a crossbow hunt only to find the heat was more than they bargained for.
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Put on the full armor of God so you can make your stand against the devil's schemes. (Ephesians 6:13)
-matt