View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
no doubt. I think secularism is more destructive than Christ-mass and the druid trees etc etc. I personally do not care for all the hoopla, but my wife and kids do. So I let them have a tree etc etc. The debate was stirred over my profile pic that depicts Santa kneeling by baby Jesus in a manger. I see that as a picture of the fact every knee must bow and every tounge confess Jesus is Lord and nothing more. She seems to think because Santa spell Satan and Jeremiah 10:2-5 talks about cutting a tree down the Christmas is for the devil. Not included to all the times she called the RCC the harlot. Paul actually tells us not to dispute such things but she ignored those verses
Overall, I consider Christmas to be one of the non-essentials of the faith. The idea of the Virgin Birth is still an essential, but exactly when it happened and whether or not people decide to commemorate it, is really a personal matter.

As for Christian parents who encourage their kids to believe in Santa Claus, I have yet to find a Bible verse that supports intentionally deceiving your children for the first 5-10 years of their lives. So I would really have a hard time believing that it is in any way consistent with Biblical parenting.