View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
If you had asked me this 6-7 years ago, I would have said no; but I think there is far more danger today in Christians turning Christmas into an excuse for materialism and covetousness, rather than getting lured into pagan worship.

I'm sure that if you surveyed Christian children across the US, most of them would believe that Santa Claus is a real person and they would see getting presents as the whole point behind Christmas.
no doubt. I think secularism is more destructive than Christ-mass and the druid trees etc etc. I personally do not care for all the hoopla, but my wife and kids do. So I let them have a tree etc etc. The debate was stirred over my profile pic that depicts Santa kneeling by baby Jesus in a manger. I see that as a picture of the fact every knee must bow and every tounge confess Jesus is Lord and nothing more. She seems to think because Santa spell Satan and Jeremiah 10:2-5 talks about cutting a tree down the Christmas is for the devil. Not included to all the times she called the RCC the harlot. Paul actually tells us not to dispute such things but she ignored those verses