View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Man, I can't believe that no one on here is talking about this (or that it's taken me a week to post it, sorry ). Ronda Rousey (Olympic Judo bronze medalist & 4-0 in pro MMA) has been on a tear since beginning MMA, winning all her amateur & pro matches by armbar in under a minute in the 145lb division. Miesha Tate is the (obviously) the titleholder in the 135lb division. On the Nov 21st edition of Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour, Ronda began campaigning to drop to 135 & challenge for Miesha's title ahead of Sarah Kaufman & Alexis Davis. Needless to say, this caused quite a stir, with both Sarah & Miesha very adamantly opposed. Being the high-level journalist that he is, Ariel immediately arranged for both women to simultaneously appear on his show the very next week (Nov 28th). Listen as Ariel masterfully sets up the topic, introduces each woman & then steps back, letting them enter into a fascinating & heated debate without interference. Below is a link to the video. I believe everyone should watch this:

http://video.aol.com/video/miesha-ta...ate/2070750472

Now, this video is 49 minutes long. I think it's captivating & well worth it, but I understand if you don't want to spend that much time. Below is a recap of the segment if you'd prefer reading. It really doesn't do justice to the engagement because you can't feel the tension or hear the pauses. This was literally verbal sparring at its finest & relying on this article would be like only reading the play-by-play account of Hendo/Shogun.

Now, since physical appearance is at the crux of this argument, below are pics of each woman* in question:

Miesha Tate:

Ronda Rousey:

Sarah Kaufman:

Alexis Davis:

*NOTE - I did not use Miesha's pics from her FIGHT! magazine shoot or her Halloween costumes or Ronda's bikini pics because I felt those may give them an unfair advantage in this debate!
BTW don't forget my girl Jordan McDonald!! She's also the lil boo of Jake Ellenberger!! Love them both!