Anyone who follows my blog will know what ive been up to recently.
I got accepted! I am going to buy a house! Its a little semidetached house It has two Grass lawns in the front and a path to the door, a little vestibule, and then the front livingroom/dining room, and the kitchen. It has a spiral staircase to the first floor with ensuite and bedroom. In the back garden, accessed through the kitchen there is a Garden on three levels, the first is a patio with a shed, the second is a lawn, and the third is a bit of wasteland with a back gate and path to a private carpark behind!!! All the doors are on rails, so they are like blast doors that fold into the wall, like the one between my current bedroom and lounge in Granville.
My Parents are paying the initial deposit, my financial advisor has sorted out a thirty five year fixed mortgage (for the first five years) of about 100 pounds less then the rent I am paying now. Which will be taken up with travel costs and higher council tax. (its a mile from work, near where I used to go to the gym!)
The House initially went onto the market in June at 105K the current owners were bequithed it in a will and do not live there. they are renovating their own home with the sale of the second. So their is no chain, as I also am in Rent and could pretty much leave whenever. The house didnt sell and was reduced to 90K at the start of the fall.
I had been looking for part buy-part rent, but that wasnt going so well, and was about ready to move straight into different rented accomodation when my Parents said three weeks ago, we should have one last try, but the house was a full buy prospect. Two weeks ago we went round, and the current owners happened to be at the property and gave us an impromptu viewing. I liked it enough...and last week my Parents sat down with a financial advisor to see if they could be my Gaurentours.
Following this the Financial advisor began brokering at the start of this week with banks for a mortgage. The way it works is that my parents are culpable for the costs if something happens to me. Also...sticky situation if I die, they are left to pay a motgage but wont own the home...so I need to make a legal will to leave it to them so they could pay the mortage in full from the sale upon my expiration
He presented the offers to us in a conference call on Thursday and we put in an initial bid of 83K on Friday. This was rejected, and so we haggled to a price of 86K which will leave enough in the mortgage of 90K to cover the legal fees inclusive.
I have just heard that vocal aggreement has been given, the house is about to be removed from sale pending further advancements in the sale. On Monday we shall have to finalize the mortgage and for that the Estates will want to do a valuation Survay....meanwhiles the contracts will be drawn up and prepared for me to sign by the lawyers.
Once all that legal shyte is done...its a matter of goodbye granville...hello jennyfield!!
My first port of call will be to turn the shed into an outside avery!!
my OWN HOME!!! probably just after Christmas