View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:52 AM
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:"God if you want me to do this, have him get off the shuttle when I get off." In a parking lot with a couple hundred cars, there is no chance he's going to get off the shuttle when I do. So we keep chatting and when we get to the parking lot the driver asks where I was parked and what I was driving. The guy I prayed for said "That's right next to me," and he got off the shuttle when I did. So now I know what I need to do, but how am I going to phrase it? That's what I'm thinking the whole time as I put my luggage in my car as he's still standing there chatting with me. So I told him, "I'm trying to hurry up and put my kids to bed; but I've got to tell you a story." I tell him "I started praying for you when you told me a little bit about yourself. God put something on my heart - so I told him to prove it and have you get off the shuttle when I did. Well, you did and now I have to do what God has put on my heart." I gave him a $100 bill out of my wallet and said, "Go take your wife out to eat wherever she wants to go." Of course, he wanted nothing to do with the money, but how do you say no? I told him I consider myself a greedy man, because I know that if I give him $100, in a short time God going to give me $1000. I could tell he was astonished and speechless; so I jumped in my truck and, at this moment, I am still trying to race home to catch my kids before they fall asleep. One of the funny things is, I never caught the man's name. I believe what happened tonight is what you might call a "divine appointment." God knew that this man and I would meet before I parked my truck at the airport. Even before this whole trip was scheduled, God arranged for this meeting. So I'm just humbled and awe-struck at how He works in our lives. I will continue to pray for this man and I would ask that anyone else who feels led to should pray for him as well.
Wow! I am speechless.