View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Please tell me you are joking? An adult deserves to be disrespected by a child? No. Don't get me wrong, I would not expect just because of someone's age their should sit back and let adults around them act foolishly. There are some situations where a teenager stepping in to prevent harm to themselves or others that I would certainly not consider disrespectful but brave. I've heard of many teenage boys (and one girl who could swing a frying pan good) taking it to their dad because they got tired of abuse or seeing their moms abused. But when a teenager themselves is in the wrong (a 16 year old knows a back yard brawl is wrong) what gives them the right to say anything to adults involved who are in the wrong too? None. That just adds another wrong factor to a jacked up situation. This dad is stupid and this kid is a punk. Neither displayed good judgement. I would however guess that this teen will think twice before popping off to an adult in the future.
Totally agree. Lack of respect for elders is one of the major downfalls of our current society.