View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
I agree mostly with the the theology of Calvinism until the part about Christ only dying for the elect. So I guess you could call say I agree with 4 points!

It is my understanding from what I have read that Christ died for all and I believe it to be clearly taught in scripture.

Romans 10: 13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

John 3: 16, 17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

1 Timothy 2: 6 "Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

1 John 2: 2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Words like world, whosoever, & all, are awfully big words to equate with elect.
And I believe some Calvinists, especially hyper Calvinists, are reaching on this point.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't disagree with anything you've said, but you have to keep in mind that belief is an act of GOD and not something that is possible for the human mind without direct intervention from the Holy Spirit.