View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
The opposite is true Nate if you claim that God created some to be saved then the only logical conclusion is some were created not to be saved.
That's a logical flaw in your thinking. One does not necessarily lead to the other.

Even if it did, who are we to say that GOD can't create people for the sole purpose of demonstrating His wrath upon? Isn't that His prerogative?

Did GOD send Israel into the Holy Land to proclaim the promise of the Messiah and preach the salvation of all mankind? Or did He send Israel into the Holy Land to exterminate its inhabitants?

Did the angels entering Sodom and Gomorrah publicly declare that the cities were about to be destroyed and call upon everyone to repent? Or did they go directly to the home of the one righteous man and quietly take him and his family out of the city before every other man, woman, child and animal was killed?

Quote:
Plus election and predestination are synonymous.
Yep...

Ephesians 1: 3-6 (emphasis added)
Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Quote:
Please show me one verse where God gives no one the option to do something.
Exodus 11: 9-10 (emphasis added):
But the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh will not heed you, so that My wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt." So Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go out of his land.