View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I never heard the term "Calvinism" before I started attending a Presbyterian Church in 2006. I was raised Baptist and have had to study Calvinism from that background. However, I find that the more I study Calvinism, the more I agree with it. So, I guess I am becoming a Calvinist because I see how perfectly it lines up with the Bible.

I couldn't disagree more that Divine Election means that GOD creates people for Hell. There is no Biblical support for that notion. In fact, it seems to be nothing but a logical fallacy and a false doctrine invented for the sole purpose of discrediting what the Bible clearly teaches about election.

The mere existence of the nation of Israel in the Old Testament proves GOD's Divine Election. There's no "proof texting" necessary there.
Really.

If you were to believe two people were made, and one was chosen by devine selection....then you are forced to believe in devine Rejection also. That GOD created the second man, with the knowledge he wasnt to be chosen...and thus his sole purpose is...What...?

Now tell me if THAT lines up with the scriptures??

The mere existance of Israel, is nothing more then the defending of his Holy Name. Its debatable if love for Israel has anything to do with it. He made a Choice to love her...he attached his name to her...she rebelled...he saves a remenant of her...why....?

Consult a few prophets before you decide to reply with anything to do with him loving her anymore. Hw built a new covernant...and honours Israel because of his association with her...not purely because of love for her.