View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
Yeah guys well we have went back and forth on this subject for many years and there is no way anyone will convince me Calvinism is biblical. Man must have free will or Christ died in vain. They cannot have their cake and eat it to. For predestination and grace to be irresistible there has to be the counter and that is God made some for hell. They cannot have it both ways. JOhn and many other reformed theologians try to justify it but biblically they are wrong and have no support. Most of the time they quote their confessions because they are the proof text for their beliefs. But Biblically speaking they have no leg to stand on. So we will need to agree to disagree.
I never heard the term "Calvinism" before I started attending a Presbyterian Church in 2006. I was raised Baptist and have had to study Calvinism from that background. However, I find that the more I study Calvinism, the more I agree with it. So, I guess I am becoming a Calvinist because I see how perfectly it lines up with the Bible.

I couldn't disagree more that Divine Election means that GOD creates people for Hell. There is no Biblical support for that notion. In fact, it seems to be nothing but a logical fallacy and a false doctrine invented for the sole purpose of discrediting what the Bible clearly teaches about election.

The mere existence of the nation of Israel in the Old Testament proves GOD's Divine Election. There's no "proof texting" necessary there.