View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:45 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

Did you know there was a MASSIVE earthquake in Peru today?? I wonder if your Earth Quake was caused by remenants of that...Washington DC is not on a Fault Line...however, the Mid Atlantic Rift of course lies of its coast...perhaps it was eminating from that?

Weak spots in tectonic plates can sometimes feel Earth Quakes...and dead faults can sometimes rumbble if disturbed volcanically.
If you had read my Quake thread, I pointed out that the quake wasn't in DC, it was in Mineral, VA, which is about 30 miles west of Richmond, where I live & work. The impact of the quake, however, did extend up & down the coast, just like you're saying.

And no, I don't htink it was caused by the one in Peru. We're too cool for that!

EDIT: Also, I just read your thread: Peru's earthquake was yesterday (Wednesday), while our was 2 days ago (Tuesday). Unless you're implying that Peru's earthquake was so powerful that it sent shockwaves back in time, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the VA quake was not caused by the Peru quake!!

Last edited by VCURamFan; 08-25-2011 at 02:22 PM.