View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
No I was telling you what others were thinking...probably the people who get to decide about the credit rating. The chinese paper is just one thing I heard about, I would post that here...coz its bollox...but it is a great swaith of public opinion.

My point was that the deal to avoid default may still have come too late...and I was explaining WHY even with a deal before the deadline you may be downgraded...and the reason is, public opinion NOT fact is what effects your status. The entire financial world is built on confidence...not actuality...confidence.

Were you inspired with confidence by the way your Government reached the deal? Do you think non Americans would be inspired to have confidence in the United States after the last two weeks in Washington?

Because if the answer is NO..(and I gave you the low down on why the majority is probably no and that low down is all you focused on, what you think is just my opinion, what you think is stirring trouble and what you all are mooing about...except for County Mike...who actually gave a very reasoned, and very American response LOL)...you may still wake up tommorow to find this hasnt gone away.

LOL You should have seen my response before I relaxed and edited it. lol very "American".