Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Cool, thanks for the links. I'll check them out in the next few.

As far as the addictive properties; some studies that I have read do show that there are some, though not as much as tobacco. While there are carcinogens, smoking isn't the only way marijuana can be used. It can be consumed in food products and used in a vaporizer, both of which greatly diminish or eliminate the carcinogens if I recall correctly. Not to mention the additives that are put in cigarettes, that's another story.

I'm still for legalizing it, taxing it and allowing adults to decide for themselves. These prisons for profit getting filled up for minor drug possessions are completely wrong imo. (Just an example, not sure if these prisons are filled with minor drug offenders. It sounds good though .) It seems one can do harm either physically or financially to someone else, such as embezzlers, tax cheats, etc. getting a mere slap on the wrist as punishment while a kid gets caught with a bag of smoke and spends time in jail for it. The war on drugs is a complete waste of money in my opinion. It's a modern day prohibition, and we all know what happened in the prior one involving alcohol.

I used to work in the respiratory therapy department in a major hospital in CA and saw first hand the effects of tobacco on people, and it is still legal. Not using that as an argument, just a fact. I saw people smoke through their stoma when in the hospital, back when smoking was still legal in hospitals. They just had to have their nicotine. I have an acquaintance who has had at least 5 collapsed lungs, beginning emphysema and COPD, and a host of other lung issues due to cigarettes, but can't and won't quit them. He was able to quit smoking pot with ease.

I wouldn't doubt that drug cartels are major opponents and financial contributors to the WoD, big business too.

I get random drug tests at my work, so I don't use. If it was legal, I may or may not. I can legally drink but it's not a major factor in my life, I can take it or leave it. I would imagine that that is how I would handle pot if I were allowed to smoke it. Some can handle alcohol, some can't. I think that also would go for pot too.
okay i was agreeing with you until you said that. then i lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I'm going to disagree with this. I know someone who made a 34 on their ACTs, graduated college with honors, and makes 6 figures while smoking daily. And sadly he has a better memory than I do. If his brain has been impacted any it hasn't hurt him that much.
think of what they could have done

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Hahahahaha, did you do that on purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Do what?

If someone is high from smoking pot are they impaired like someone that is drunk? Is there any way to tell how high they are like a drunk can blow into a breathilizer? don't laugh i don't get out much i'm scared that more people may drive around high and put my life or my children life in danger. I realize it happens all the time now but I wonder how many people would start doing it.

Also I'm wondering what some of my husbands friends would do for work if they could buy it at the store?