Thread: Nicely Pwned
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of unbiased reporting. I have some conservative as well as liberal views on things, it just depends on what the issues are.

I've pretty much given up on watching the news on TV, as it is a lot of fluff with no substance. When I do watch, I look for the topic and try to gather information from additional sources so I can process it better. I definitely don't like Hannity or O'Reilly though. I used to like O'Reilly a bit many years ago, but that faded.

I do like watching Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Sometimes they seem more "newsy" than the news, with some great humor thrown in there. Jon's interview with the Medal of Honor recipient Leroy Petry was great. Much respect for that man.
I liked O'Reilly but the more I watched him, the more I realized he was an arrogant bully who thinks he knows it all. Rush has it right when he calls him Ted Baxter. Just the other day on his show (yes, I still occasionally watch it ) he was talking about a fraternity and pronounced "chi" as "chee" (like cheese). A couple years ago he was interviewing a Latino border expert and he was pontificating about human smugglers, and he called them wetbacks instead of coyotes! OMG, you should have seen his guest's face, he couldn't believe it either. He's so dumb.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16