View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Why shouldn't they teach the accomplishments of those in the gay community? Are their accomplishments any less than those of straight people? They don't need to hammer into them that they are/were gay, but I see no problem in acknowledging it. YMMV

Not trying to be confrontational, just wondering if you would be ok with the schools just stating the fact that they were gay. I remember in school being taught accomplishments of christian people and I didn't have a problem with it then, nor do I now.

BTW, the other gay thread has been closed again with so many of my questions left unanswered.
So now GLTG is a religion? In answer to your first question, here's why. Their accomplishments need to be appreciated for the fact alone and not attached to their sexual preferences. Since a huge number of people still do not think sodomy is an acceptable behavior, why bring sex into it at all? Let the accomplishment stand on its own worth.

I'm just guessing here but I would say many, many parents - some who I'd imagine support the GLTG "cause" - would not want sexual preferences included in their children's history lesson.

Why don't we know about Tesla's sex life? Because it's irrelevant.

Just another example of the progressives forcing their agenda upon the public, whether they want it or not.

"See how tolerant and open-minded we are? Of course, don't imagine for a moment that WE are gay/lesbian/trans-gendered...we are merely uber tolerant and want to force everyone else to be as well...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16