Thread: Sherlock
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Has anyone seen the BBC show Sherlock? It is a series based on the characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set in modern day London rather than the London of Victorian England. Like the original stories, Watson is a military physician who is a veteran of a campaign in Afghanistan. In the series, he is a blogger living off an Army disability pension due to PTSD. Sherlock is the world's only investigative consultant. Instead of smoking a pipe, he puts on multiple nicotine patches while thinking about a case. The series makes use of modern inventions: cell phones, computers, etc.

I enjoyed it. The series is available on Netflix. They only made 3 episodes of 90 minutes. Reportedly, it has been renewed and more episodes will be made; however, the actor who plays Dr. Watson has been cast as the lead in the new Hobbit film, so I don't know if that will delay the filming of more Sherlock episodes.
Just from that line, Play, you've got me wanting to see it! We get movies from Netflix--I'm going to see if we can get the 3 episodes.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-21-2011 at 04:02 AM.