View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

See..getting kids on long term meds.. is much better for drug manufacturers than having your kids get out and run and play and be active.. scuff their knees, breath deep and stuff..

run, sweat, build stamina, self confidence, learn to fail and try again.. make friends.. get into a fight and then be buddies.. be exposed to other things than the freakin' Nintendo DS and Spongebob...

Making classes and equipment, tax deductible is a GREAT idea. But at the same time, where do you draw the line? Does martial arts get covered? What about less known arts... Can I claim my Gis? My mat shoes? Maybe my belts?

I really like the idea, but there will be lots of grey area to cover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
It is unbelievable the amount of diabetes and obesity I see in kids and teens nowadays. We've got to get our kids more active. As a nation. Because it is obvious that what we're doing now isn't working and our health care system cannot afford the amount this is going to cost us.

~Amy