View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:42 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It sounds like there was some disobedience and rebellion against your parents involved here. So, thinking of this biblically, this entire incident was you simply reaping the rewards of your own actions and poor choices.

Yes, the guy was wrong for posing as your friend then setting you up. And yes the other guy was wrong for robbing you. But, the simple fact that you never reported the crime, for fear of incriminating yourself, suggests that you really brought the entire situation upon yourself.
I can understand what you are saying, but consider the context. A 16 year old lies to her mom about where she was going and the "reward" for lying is feeling the cold metal of a pistol on her head? I learned my lesson by all means, but my fear of telling my mom was much more rooted in not getting the car I wanted at the time.

I relate what you have stated to blaming the victim. If a teenager is out past curfew and gets seriously injured by a drunk driver should it all be chalked up to "well she should have been home on time". No. Not at all. It is not ok someone to drive drunk at any hour and the teen is not at fault because she was on the roads later than she should have been. Likewise it was not ok for me to be robbed just because I wasn't at the friend's house I told my mom I was going to.