View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
still doesn't jive with me. You can use Matt as an example all you want. This is just very shady of Jackson not Jones.
I'm just saying that there have been instances before of teammates switching weight classes rather than fighting one another. I'm also saying that there are cases for teammates refusing to fight one another. There are also cases (mainly in TUF ) of fighter from the same team having to face each other. I'm not blaming Jon for being willing to fight, I'm not blaming Rashad for changing his mind about switching classes, I'm not blaming Rashad for wanting to leave Team Jackson. The only thing that I've not liked is Rashad being upset that Jones was included in the first place.

That being said, I can understand your distaste with Jackson. I guess it's a matter of how you look at things: is Jackson Rashad's coach, or is Rashad Jackson's fighter, know what I mean? Rashad seems to think (and this is also your view, I think) that it's the fighter first, with the coachs merely as a support staff (ie., Jackson is Rashad's coach). If that's the case, then Jackson bringing in a guy who would pull his focus away from his primary is pretty sheisty.

However, if the focus is the coach & the camp, with the fighters as members of a stable (ie, Rashad is Jackson's fighter), then Jackson was simply doing the smart thing in recruiting the hot talent before another team got ahold of him (like college coaches sending scouts to high school games).

And I don't think that there's a hard-and-fast answer across the board. I mean, for BJ & Matt, it's clearly the former. For Team Jackson, ATT & AKA, however, I think it's more of the latter. It's just a matter of knowing which you'd rather be part of & finding a gym that meshes with you.