View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The part that gets me is how he says "Greg brought him in against my wishes," like it's his name on the door & everything needs to be cleared through him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I guess it depends on how you look at Jackson's camp. Is it a training facility or is it a team? If it's a training facility, then anyone who is willing to pay the fee should be able to train there. If it's a team, then it should be more of a "pick and choose" who trains there and who will fight who.

Even as a team, how awesome is it to say you have the #1 and #2 LHW fighters in the world and now they have to fight each other. It's a sport, not a gang war. No reason they can't adjust training schedules so they aren't training at the same time and work towards a great fight.
Y'all can see where things would get sticky though, right? Especially now that they are supposed to fight each other. Jon Jones just won the belt and now has to fight his team mate to defend it and vice versa his team mate has to fight him to try and take it. And they both train with Jackson. Awkward isn't even the word. Sounds like it's a win-win for Jackson, not so much for Jones or Evans especially seeing how one of them is going to be the winner, the other the loser.

Jackson makes it sound so easy with "the coaches will just have to handle it", but let's be real here. He's not going to want to be in the champ's corner for a title fight? This whole set-up was just screaming "separation and divorce".