View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
You didnt say it was your friends..That would change my thoughts then. Your post was generally speaking so it could have been co-workers, neighbors, or people on this site.. If that's what you meant that's within your own testimony..Teaching or helping teach anyone is great. Doubting what they feel or seem to feel is different thats where the judgement part comes in play. You posted and asked so I am stating it if its not what you want.. sorry.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
Well I don't mean ONLY friends, but anyone who you see in action well enough to know if they seem to think mere words save them. And I think the judge in this verse means to decide who is worthy of Heaven. That's nto what I'm saying. I'm saying by actions our hearts are shown. If a person thinks words alone save them, or misunderstand what believing with your heart means I think Christians should not turn from having a conversation to ensure salvation is understood.

If a coworker comes in obviously sick and the next day they come back in the same condition and say "I'm better now" do you believe them? Probably not because there is no indication a change in their condition has occured. You would likely say "have you seen a doctor?" or "did you get some medicine?"