View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
This stupid, foolish notion that every close match demands an instant rematch is tiersome at best, and destroying careers at worst.
Kinda like Chuck taking Renato when Tito was ducking him???

really destroyed his career didn't it?

Pettis will get another fight.. and win or lose will determine if he gets his title shot.. and IMO.. Clay deserves one alot more...

Quote:
You dont need to be employed by the UFC to figure that out....its a GROSS oversight, done purely on the basis that Frankie/Maynard would be more of a draw then Pettis/Frankie...
But it sure helps doesn't it....

Quote:
but theres politics at play here also. they WANT Maynard to be the Champion, so any bloody excuse they can possibly make to get him their they will pull out of the bag.
how do you figure that???

Quote:
They evidently dont find Frankie Edgar that charismatic...because the moment he took the belt...rather then playing the obvious (which they couldnt do because Penn is another golden boi of theres) they forced and instant rematch...whilst Maynard...everso shakily made his way across potholes he was well due to fall in to get to contendership.
huh???? Frankie beat Penn 2 times... Maynard... was a draw... it makes sense seeing as how the fight was so close...

Quote:
Pettis is from WEC...they dont care about WEC lightweights, they are seen as second class citizens that can wait their turn.
again.... HUH??? where are you getting that from..

And you do know that the ZUFFA owned WEC for a LONG time before folding them in...

Quote:
(incidently like British Viewers who cant actually easily even watch UFC events in the first place...we evidently dont matter either...and ive LONG since said that!)
That is most likely an issue with your providers... hardly a Zuffa problem.. "x" provider wants to show UFC programming... Zuffa says.. "sure" you have to pay "x" amount... to do so.. the provider says.. "no way that's too much"... and that's how the conversation starts...

Quote:
Well...I hope that Frankie Crushes Maynard to show the management what a balls up having a dumbass rematch is,
I hope he beats him also.. but I don't really see it being a "crushing" victory..

Quote:
and then I hope that Pettis flattens both Guida and Edgar....
Well.. when Guida beats Pettis.. then I want to see Guida getting a shot...

Quote:
then they will have been shamed...
Why would Zuffa/UFC be shammed at all??? Your not making sense...

Quote:
and then perhaps the WEC lightweight division will be vindicated...unfortunately, all that depends almost entirely on Anthony Pettis...
So the entire former WEC LW divison rests entirely on the shoulders of Pettis??? Your not really saying a lot for those fighters...

Quote:
and why should he bother when they've already written him off.
Giving him Guida is writing him off???

Quote:
I am SO angry about this its unreal
Your conspiracy theories are unreal.... even Mulder would say ..."WTF dude?"