View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
A 10-7 round is not possible unless BJ had been totally destroyed AND had a point deduction at some time during the round. Neither of which happened on Saturday night. BJ was dominated during round 3, yes, but it was a 10-9 domination, not a 10-8 domination.

As Matt told me yesterday while he was doing the blog, a fight would be stopped by the ref long before the judges would be able to score that round a 10-7.

If you want to see a 10-8 domination then just watch Matt's fight with Gil Castillo at UFC 40.
I just rewatched that fight... yep... GREAT fight.. but too easy for Matt.. thanks for the recommendation... A buddy of mine got a "collection" of the first 78 UFCs while he was in Afganistan... for something like $10... it's awesome to go back and rewatch great fights!!

BTW.. Kalib Starnes/Nate Quarry.. was 30–24 on one judges card....

Quote:
On March 6, 2010, Starnes fought in the main event against Marcus Hicks (not to be confused with former WEC Lightweight title contender Marcus Hicks) at the 2nd Armageddon FC show in Victoria, B.C Canada. Starnes entered the ring to the children's song "Do you know the Muffin Man" and proceeded to win a very quick submission victory.

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 03-02-2011 at 12:51 PM.