View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
How can anyone rationalize jens pulver being better then bj penn... His two title defense in the ufc??? Bj has that!!! Plus a ww championship to boot... Was it th fact that he got knocke sensless anytime he fought anyone good outide of the ufc in his prime like ludwig, gomi, or sakurai... was it his awesome wec run??? Jens pulver is about as relevent in mma history as Frank shamrock... Skillset wise he isnt even as good as that.. Hes a brawler type with mediocre wrestling skills!!!

Ps i dont like to talk bad about jens i respect his fighting spirit but the hijacking of any thread of a fighter you dont like to talk about jens has to stop
Then why, after all that, and losing so many times in a row, is his popularity and stock STILL rising??

When you can explain that, you will be able to explain why Jens Pulver is one of the most significant people in the Sport...and, just like Randy Couture, Record, Skills, ability...has suprisingly little to do with it. When you can explain why the 155lb division, 145lb division, and the 135lb divisions have been excepted, and infact tooted as equal to heavy weight, or welterweight in depth, and excitement, and draw, then you will be able to explain, why Jens Pulver...and why not BJ Penn, or Urijah Faber, or Miguel Torres. Forget, for one moment the UFC, and think of the sport as a whole, and as something that will get bigger and be going on in 70 years time...and ask yourself some questions about todays "Greats" and ask yourself if they will be one of MANY indistinguishable Greats, and ask yourself, who will history remember and why. Penn loses twice to Edgar, and people call for his head...Same with Fedor...ask yourself why, after falling gazillions of times, tumbling out of the institution...why Jens Pulver hasnt become a long lost nobody. Why is he still current and relevent, and why do people still like him.

...and dont you dare tell me what has to stop here.