View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well I've heard a lot of things in my time...but I have NEVER come across anything like:

"Ancient Christians and Jews explained this two-step creation by imagining that the first human person possessed the genitalia of both sexes. Then, when the androgynous, dually-sexed person was placed in the garden, s/he was divided in two.

According to this account, the man “clings to the woman” in an attempt to regain half his flesh, which God took from him once he was placed in Eden. As third century Rabbi Samuel bar Nahman explained, when God created the first man, God created him with two faces. “Then he split the androgyne and made two bodies, one on each side, and turned them about.”"

The main reason that appears to be wrong is because we know that Adam was alone. He was lonely...if he was like a plant, ie, capable of fertilizing and producing more of himself, by himself, then he wouldnt want or need a partner...which brings me onto the subject...why would the above be used to okay homosexuality when its talking about a supposedly A-Sexual Being...neither straight nor gay. A-Sexual reproduction isnt supported...even if this original had both genders...it never reproduced...infact it was created a partner so it could...thats illogical if it can reproduce all on its own.

I love Taverners Rise and Fall...because everything before the Fall is taken up with the fact that Man is alone, and needs....relationship...one cant have relationship with oneself...Only GOD is able to have a relationship like that.

Here is an excerpt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD6CvEbT7Lk