View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Ok, so it looks like I may have just lost money!

Here's the original question/answer:

Quote:
He had used that kick on the opened training and against Dan HendersonÖ Did you had prepared yourself for that kind of kick or were you caught by surprise?
ē
Look, that kind of kick is very hard to catch, itís also hard to fit it too, but he did it. He can use this kick, but the way he did is pretty difficult to, but he did it. I believe you only get lucky if you train. He trained and got lucky. But I think itís something that if he tried to do in ten fights he would only be succeeded once (laughs). He deserved it. I was doing fine on the fight, I was winning it, but I wasnít lucky to fit that punch, I missed it, that punch on the ground was really powerful. If it hits himÖ But it didnít and his kick hit me hard, it was his night, I canít help it. Everything I promised to do, I did. I didnít get the win, but itís part of the sport. Iíll get my chance. Weíll work now so I get it the next time.
However, here's something that i think is very important to keep in mind:

Quote:
language:Portuguese (Brazil)
That's from the page info on Tatame.com. It's a Brazilian magazine/website, hence the original language for all their posts is Portuguese. This means that everything we're reading is a translation and therefore has lost a lot of it's original flavor and meaning. Just look at the unnaturally narrow vocabulary used by Vitor. It's indicative of a someone using the simplest & most common meanings of a word for ease of translation.

Whatever, this is just my opinion. Foxy, you certainly don't have to agree with me, but I think that Vitor was just saying what Matt, BJ & all other great fighters say when they lose: "Sorry to my fans. I was doing everything I wanted to, but I got caught. He was just the better man tonight."