View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
exactly wrong

there is no need to fight someone who is moving up a weight to fight you when they are as good at winning as gsp is

gsp has nothing to lose, spider does.... everyone is going to think what you are thinking , spider should win cause it is his weight class, who will hold it against gsp if he doesn't win?
I don't think GSP wants to fight Anderson. And to GSP, I think it would matter, a lot, if he lost to Anderson no matter the different weight class. GSP doesn't want to lose...period. IMHO And I do think he is going to lose in a fight with Anderson.

But, what if GSP were to win, what happens next? Would DW immediately give Anderson the opportunity to win it back? Is GSP going to bounce back and forth between WW and MW to defend both titles? I doubt it. I know as JB says this would be a superfight and draw a lot of viewers, but I guess I don't see how it will benefit either division. Benefit Silva or GSP, the UFC and the sport, yes, but the divisions themselves...or maybe that doesn't matter?