View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I'm kidding in the harsh delivery, but not in the meaning.

"You should never be so open-minded that all your brains fall out." I'm not sure who said that, but it applies very well here. I don't see focusing on truth and ignoring fallacy as closed-minded. However, ignoring truth is extremely closed-minded.
But your truth.. is just as valid as mine.

Quote:
A "brother" is a fellow believer in Jesus Christ. And we all do have common ground: we are corrupt, evil human beings living in an evil, fallen world. Everyone starts from that common ground..
No, Brother is a fellow human being. Can you show me other wise.. it's been a long while since I read the Bible.. any version...

Quote:
Any discussion about the world needs to focus on evil, because the world is evil.

The moments of beauty in this world are a hint of what GOD originally intended for us before we chose sin and corruption. The things that you list are wonderful, but nowhere near as wonderful as they could have been if mankind hadn't fallen into sin.
But you only speak of the evil in the world.. what about the ..(jeeezzzz...I sound like a hippy compared to you)... all the wonderful things.. that man does.. even those not of God....