View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Please tell me that you are kidding...
I'm kidding in the harsh delivery, but not in the meaning.

Quote:
Maybe because I am sentimental..I am in a better place than many... who knows... I don't belive people that are closed minded are better off than I. But again.. who knows.. maybe ignorance is bliss.. but because were you find ignorance.. when you see it everywhere.. it's normally because your in a closet.
"You should never be so open-minded that all your brains fall out." I'm not sure who said that, but it applies very well here. I don't see focusing on truth and ignoring fallacy as closed-minded. However, ignoring truth is extremely closed-minded.

Quote:
Didn't Christ say love your brother and Judege not least ye be judged? So I don't know that I would call "everyone finding a common ground to build from so we don't have to throw stones at each others heads.." "hogwash".
A "brother" is a fellow believer in Jesus Christ. And we all do have common ground: we are corrupt, evil human beings living in an evil, fallen world. Everyone starts from that common ground.

Quote:
But no one is discussing Evil.. per say.. maybe some evil things...
Any discussion about the world needs to focus on evil, because the world is evil.

Quote:
And on that note.. I am out of here..

Nate.. I would love to actually have a religious discussion face to face.. But I can not, will not agree with that. You and I are not even on the same level... just totally dumbstruck by that comment... I don't know how you can enjoy anything.. if you turley feel that way.

If that means I rot in hell.. then so be it. Nothing redemming about a beautiful sunrise?? Or apperciating it??
A childs laugh.."
The totally complete way my kids love me?

Nothing redeming in this world??? NOTHING????..

You remind my of Q from Star Trek: TNG....
The moments of beauty in this world are a hint of what GOD originally intended for us before we chose sin and corruption. The things that you list are wonderful, but nowhere near as wonderful as they could have been if mankind hadn't fallen into sin.