View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
It has nothing ot do with the tone but you are right I am in trouble because I do not say the truth inlove like I should but that is an entirely different snake to handle. Filthy communication as it would translate to our century would be foul and nasty. So words we use are morst jsu vulgarity than they are nasty and foul. Vulgarity is not alway filthy. BUt than it goes back to the argument of personal vs impossed morality. Cultrue dictate a lot of what is or is not nasty. Sadly Ameirca's culture is not a very good litmus test. We call normal way to many nasty things these days. So you have the right idea in that it is subjective, but if it offends you and most people consider it foul than you should confront. I myslef tolerate many words but I will never tolerate GD, Jesus H Christ (usd as a curse word) or words of a sexual nature. If my kids are around and put up with even less.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I don't agree with the confront part. It is up to me if I choose to be offended. Some people are offended when people start speaking a nonenglish language in public. Is it okay if they confront the people? No, I don't believe so. I don't believe it is my right nor my duty to confront another adult and try to correct their behavior (according to my standards) in public. As I said, in my home - that would be different.