View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Sorry.. this thread caught my eye....

you could try learning to apperciate those that are different.. and having different value systems.. different view points..

I have and will call out someone in public.. friend or stanger for using such language.. but most people I hang out with, tend to have similar thoughts on the subject...

I don't really think that this is a worlld full of Stupidity.. but rather a world full of intolerance..
Why are you telling her that she should have more tolerance of others and then say that you also call people out?

If you really want to appreciate differences then you should keep your mouth shut to the ones using the bad language and teach your kids tolerance. You should be focusing on teaching your kids that others may use bad language but that doesn't mean they have to do it also. And, of course, let them know you don't think it appropriate. But you must teach them that they ARE going to hear it from others and it will be their choice if they do it or not. Don't teach your kids that you are willing to make an ass of yourself to protect them. Teach them to be able to witness bad behavior, allow others to be themselves, but to be confident enough not mimick the bad behavior.