View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
yes you are right Nate a lot of things have changed in the past 50 years and a lot more things will change in the next 50...but there will always be laws to protect children not only from predators but also from themselves as well.
Just because there are laws doesn't mean children are protected from predators whether they be a stranger or someone they know and trust. I consider polygamists predators also. A predator could care less about the law. Laws are usually created/passed after the fact as we've seen with many of these kidnapped and murdered children cases; and they are usually enforced after the fact in dealing with the perpetrator and his crime which means there is already a victim.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
So that kind of perversion is ok? Because 2 adults consent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
your coming into this discussion a little late i see...no one ever said that being gay was okay....i was just saying its not comparable at all to a pedophile that rapes and kills innocent children....or do you think i'm wrong as well?
For the record, if anything I posted came off as a "comparison" between the two, it wasn't meant to be. Both are perversions and that's really the point here. If society is now willing to allow and accept one form of perversion, they've proven they are quite capable of being swayed to redefine the boundaries of what is considered unacceptable. I know you've already stated you don't feel the same way so we can agree to disagree on this.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-31-2010 at 03:58 AM.