View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You act like anyone can join the military. This is what I have found on the internet, if this not correct please tell me.

Congress and the courts have held that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which ensures all individuals are treated equally before the law with respect to civilian employment, does not apply to the military profession. No less than seven major Supreme Court decisions support this.
The Church of England is exempt from equality laws also. Which means they could legally stop someone of a different faith working for the church, or specify that those working must be Christian...it also means they have the right to sack people who are Homosexual...and probably people who committ adultory...I dont think they ever would...but legally they could if they so desired.

In the US you have a much diminished employment law compared to England, you have relatively few Unions, and so noone to guard the rights of individuals in the same way that you do in England...which I personally think is a requirement of big and political insitutions, that could, without checks and ballences, decided to sack you simply because they dont like you. In England its relatively hard to be sacked if a employee follows protocol...and one false slip on protocol within an insitution trying to get rid of someone, results in them never being able to rid themselves of them.

It means jobs are reasonable secure in England once you get one, presuming of course the company doesnt go bankrupt or get restructured or something. I have no idea how it is within the British Armed Services...I dont imagine they have have unions...but I also dont imagine without doing something wrong, they can easily looose their jobs either.