View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Enlighten me... help me understand. When you're in the military which orders are you obligated to follow? The ones given to you by people you like? People you align yourself with politically? Spiritually? Did they start segregating soldiers in common interest groups recently so only like minded soldiers are near each other? That is not the point here. The fact is these guys need to know that they can trust the man next to them with their life. Not saying all gays are this way or not but the fact is trust is an issue. If you are in combat you must be brothers in arms not worrying if they are gonna hit on you. History has already proved NateR is right on this subject.

You do realize in your 10 year career you've no doubt taken orders from a gay person.. Probably true but not the point officers these days don't seem to get their uniforms dirty much

You've probably slept in the same room as one!! Again not the poin

Good gracious I bet a gay man has probably seen you naked Nate!

But............................................... .................................................. ..

life went on right? The military still functioned right? Orders were still carried out right?

Amazing!A little sanctimonious are we? The fact is one cannot be grey in the truth it must be blaxk or white.

Spoken like somebody who is completely ignorant of the subject. Your lack of understanding of who homosexual people are and how they function is sad really. Actually till political correctness ran rampant this was the accepted truth and homosexuality was treated as a mental disorder. There is no science to back up the fact the homosexuality is anything more than a choice. Most of it stems from absent fathers and a daycare society. when they discover the gay gene than you will have an argument

Homosexuality is a sin. ALL sin separates us from God. Satan is described as a deceiver, the Father of Lies... sin is related to darkness throughout Scripture. To think for a minute that all gay people are walking around with a clear understanding of the Truth and are just choosing to ignore it is ridiculous. I'm sure there are some that aren't deceived and walk in that lifestyle willingly but it's unrealistic to think they all do.Sin is sin period and this sin is no different than any other and by your logic we are all walking around clueless to the truth and thus walk in sin oblivious to Gods truth. That may be true for some but the majority it is not

Can anybody who's separated from Christ?

Does it have to be one or the other?

What truth do you want us to stand up for? That ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God? I think he is refering to the weak minded Christians who have watered down the truth to make it more appealing and thus making it null and void. We cannot accept open rebellion and call it normal

We can't just stand up for the truth in Scripture that justifies how we feel about a subject and ignore the rest of the truth can we?I do not see how NateR can be accused of this. He is an equal opportunity condemner except for some personal subjects that he chooses to have a blind eye to proper hermeneutics

You claim that all homosexuals know they are living a lie... well what does you pointing that out to them help? If a man is drowning in the ocean and all we do is point and say "hey, you're drowning" then shame on us!!! This has nothing to do wiht the politics of the situation. I doubt NateR would turn down a bible study with a gay man or woman. It does not change the fact it is still wrong. That is a straw man and you know it Chuck

Finding fault in people and showing them the "truth" about their actions is easy. Loving them, TRULY loving them in spite of it is hard.
Sure it is easier to point out short falls Chuck than loving them. But by your logic here you want Nate R to love their sin and that is never biblical. I am sure NateR can defend his personal POV fine I just wanted to respond to some of your reasoning. However you may be simply asking question like you tend to do and not actually making a point here. If this is your point than it cannot be supported by scripture anywhere.