View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:53 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I don't think anyone said anything about the Medal of Honor game being banned, just a specific portion of it has been removed. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

I agree that this is the right thing to do, because:

We are still at war with the Taliban and they are still killing American soldiers!

Could you imagine Americans pretending to be Nazis killing American soldiers in 1942? They would be traitors. The same applies to American citizens wanting to play as Taliban forces today. You might not take warfare seriously, but it's a real thing I can assure you of that.

The option to play as Taliban forces should never have been considered for inclusion into this or any American-produced game.

I can't applaud EA for removing this option, because I see it as more along the lines of damage control after they caught flak for what was an ill-conceived notion in the first place.
Then why is it ok to set the time frame in the present day, against Muslim characters, in the Middle East? Besides there is no difference playing as a Tali or the AI playing a Tali. In the end NPCS will die, Players will die, and AI will die.

Hey but who cares right. Lets have Americans soldiers kill other American soldiers. I mean its not like in recent history we haven't had a shooting on a military base or a soldier hold a bunch of people hostages. Its not like we haven't had a crazed ex military blowing up federal building or nothing..

Americans killing Americans, now that's patriotic...