Thread: 10th Planet
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Right, but you can't even name names.
(too many gracies by farrr, but I know Rickson doesn't have satellite schools,
the Torrence academy doesn't either, maybe Gracie Barra?)
Either way,

I would say that sort of mistake is a sign of something, and not a good one.
I would seriously consider the quality of satellite schools at his gyms.

Not naming any schools cause "some people" would be offended.. and they would back up there school with the same venom I would mine.. that isn't the point.

What I was saying is that I agree with you, but there are two side to this story, you choose your side, I have mine.

Sadly what I do agree with is that Eddie let some one open a school under his banner, that was not personally tested by him. Also sadly, that anyone would be willing to take up serious training from some one that hasn't "mastered the basics" yet. IMO... all a black belt really means is "adaquate beginner"/skilled beginner.

Like I said, I have never met Eddie Bravo. I have never trained with him or at his schools.. I DO know several people that have met him, and did/currently train under the 10th Planet banner in some way or another.. and have had nothing but great times, great training and success from that training.

I do know that Eddie Bravo's lineage is excellent.. and can be traced back to Mitsuyo (sp?) Maeda. Maeda also is well known for training Carlos Gracie... so.. I find it a bit tough to blast Eddie's team.. because of this guy.. or I could turn around and use the same reasoning (or better) to say the same about other schools...