View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Do you think we should be?
That is the million dollar question ... and if I were to weigh everything up, I would say Yes .... Do I think blacks have the same opportunties as everyone else? Yes .. but do I think they are treated the same? No ... I know most will probably agree and say the race card is played way too much .. but the fact is, is that Black people, in the US and even in Canada are treated much differently ... Heck, I am not white, I am not black .. but I see it all the time ... I see ladies clutching their purses on buses when a black kid walks by, I even have cop friends who tell me they pull over more black people in vehicles more for no reason, just to check things out ... hey, it happens, i think it will take a while to change if it ever will, but they haven't been given a fair shake, and haven't been able to build up their communities etc .. Is it all "Whitey's" fault? nope, a lot of them live up to the various stereotypes about them, but a lot of them don't and they get treated the same way .. just my opinion ...