Thread: NHL games.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
You are right, and it's because NH: is very "pick up and play".

For somebody who knows nothing about the sport they can pick up NHL and the concept is simple; Keep moving around and shoot the little black dot into the goal.

Football is largely a game of strategy and understanding how to read schemes and Madden requires a lot of strategy that people unfamiliar with Football just don't understand.
That's not the case at all...Sure you can just shoot everytime you get the puck, but I doubt you will get a goal...I mean I guess that's the strategy if your playing other people who have no idea how to play, but that can go for madden as well. Just throw long balls all game

but if you are playing good people, you have to know strategy and alot about the sport. The controls aren't very easy for a newbie either unless you are using the classic controls...The default controls are fantastic if you are familiar with the game, but its tricky if you are just starting out...Deking, evasive skating, pursuit, and passing plays(multiple passes to set up a scoring opportunity) are not things that a new player will be any good at. I've played friends who just have that "shoot the little black dot at the goal" approach. and I use actual game strategy and win 15-0...If I play someone who knows how to play, it could be 3-2.....The same can be said for madden...2 newbies playing each other could score 40 each, 1 newbie and 1 expert, the expert wins by 50...2 experts, it could be 10-7