View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah, I was like "huh", because I dont really see what it has to do with what happened here. Floyd has made comments about racial issues in the sport of boxing, and to be quite honest he is right about a lot of what he says. Yeah, it seems silly to some people when a black person says "because I'm black?" but it's not always a cop out. I apologize if you felt like I was snapping back at you, but RA the Rugged Man is a tool in my opinion and that interview was a hit job. Floyd thought he was doing an interview with a friendly station and he got blindsided by that idiot who was only there to promote his crappy cd.

As for this situation, Floyd apologized in the press yesterday and insists it wasn't serious and he was just having fun trash talking. That's going to be good enough for some people and mean nothing to others. Personally, I think what he said was in poor taste and the damage is done, but a least he made legit effort to explain himself and apologize.

You are right, it is a big long drawn out drama between the fans and the fighters, but so was Ali/Frazier and Sugar Ray Leonard/Marvin Hagler.
No harm, no foul; just mentioning the irony of Floyd attacking Pac when he claims being the victim of oppression.