View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:
Quote:
Not a whole lot new here, been busy working on a new project. If you want filled in on it, I'll link you to the forums:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5679

I've still been doing some training, Brian Foster fights here in less than a month, so I'm trying to help get him ready.

As for UFC 118, there are only three fights that I'm interested in this weekend and here's my opinions on how they are going to go down:

Maynard vs. Florian - I think Gray is just going to be too much for Kenny. Gray is going to be able to take him down and when they are on the ground, I think he will be too strong for Kenny to submit him. I don't know if Gray will finish him or not, but I think he gets his hand raised.

Couture vs. Toney - I definitely think that James has a puncher's chance in this fight as I believe this is a sport of big hits; but I think Randy's too smart for that. Randy always comes up with a great game plan and I think he'll come up with a way of avoiding those big hits and getting his hands on James that will eventually lead to a takedown. Once it hits the ground I think the fight will be over and Randy will be able to wear him down and eventually get the win. If the fight goes past the first round, I definitely think Randy's going to beat James.

Penn vs. Edgar - I've always said you've got to beat the champ and, in the first fight, I just didn't feel like Frankie did that. That's always been one complaint of mine with the judging in this sport. Everybody needs to remember that the UFC has nothing to do with the judging, the judging is governed by the State Athletic Commission. I think BJ will come into this fight in great shape and with an even better game plan than before and Frankie's style of movement that he used in the previous fight won't be able to work on him.

Like I said, these are all just my opinions, but everybody else around me seems to think the same way because none of my gambling buddies will bet with me. Hope everybody has a good weekend and I'll check back with you after the fight.

The Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. (1 John 4:15-16)

-matt
Or, maybe they're just tired of losing.