Thread: Alves Rematch
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I found this quote from Alves about the weight cut: http://mmajunkie.com/news/20224/thia...lterweight.mma

I don't like Alves as a fighter. Don't forget, he was caught with Spironolactone in his system, so he is a proven cheater. He knew days in advance of the Matt Hughes fight that he wasn't going to make weight. Instead of trying his best, he coasted into the fight with a huge weight and strength advantage. In the quote above, he admits that he could have made weight but took the "easier" road. I think it speaks volumes about his character.
Agreed. He didn't even have to decency to give Matt a heads up & try to negotiate a catchweight in the days leading up to the fight. Instead, he let Matt completely dehydrate himself & then said "Oops, my ankle". Sheisty move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtchawk View Post
Maybe Matt will fight Dennis Hallman next, I'd like to see him avenge those two early losses in his career...
Did anyone else here Joe during the PPV saying that Matt had to watch out for the guillotine while shooting because it's Ricardo's specialty & Matt's been caught by Hallman with it before? I was like " You're going kinda deep into the archives to reference a 1998 loss in Extreme Challenge 21, ain't cha Joe? "