View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pena View Post
First off, I cant explain how satisfied I am with the final results of Matt's performance on Saturday. I dont spend a whole lot of time on MMA forums, but occasionally I do glance at those and the odds. And to say that nobody except his most true supporters thought he would win is vary fair to say. That stuff serves as great fodder for me. When I saw this, my conviction to find a holes in Almeida was even more sustained (if possible). Especially when I believe that Matt could be on top of the MMA world again, if he chose to train his striking all year round. I truly believe in the power of intent!
Matt's obviously a great wrestler, but I have loved seeing him switch things up these last two fights. I have this feeling inside that Matt hasn't even begun to tap into his full potential yet as far as his striking goes. I've heard that he's said he's always wanted to knock someone out; I totally believe he can do it. We've just seen the tip of the iceberg of what he's capable of with his striking as far as I'm concerned. So I hope you can convince him to do it.