View Single Post
  #4  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

I saw a story about this a few years back. People were heating water/liquid in the microwave but didn't see it "boiling" so they heated it some more and then stuck a metal spoon/stirrer in it not realizing that it was "superheated" and it exploded in their faces.

Be careful with the metal spoon/stirrer when you first take it out of the microwave.
Reply With Quote