Thread: I love you all
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I know what you're talking about but it's not entirely true. I go against the grain quite often and they don't attack me. You can voice your own, differing opinions. You just can't do it in an attacking sort of way. That's when the "gang" gets defensive. Give it a try. I think you'll be fine.
Also, that "gang mentality" will exist on whatever forum you go to. I've been a member of more than 10 forums over the last 7 years and they're all the same in general (even though the theme of each forum varies widely). There is a consensus view and anyone who doesn't agree with that view is not going to fit in completely.

However, there are also the forums that are unmoderated and degrade to nothing but chaos. Those don't serve any purpose but to give keyboard warriors an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

This is Matt's website, thus people are not going to be allowed to insult Matt on it. It would be ridiculous to assume otherwise. Also, Matt wants there to be a definite conservative Christian theme to this site. People are allowed to have opposing views, but they need to be respectful with how they present those views. Because we are essentially on Matt's property when we are here.